Edible marijuana that resembles candy is responsible for sending kids to the hospital. In one instance, an 8-year-old boy in Oregon was rushed to the ER after getting his hands on a marijuana cookie at the park. Two kids in Michigan were sent to the ER after rummaging through a man’s stash of gummy candy containing THC, the acting psychoactive component in marijuana.
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) May 25, 2016
Today reports that with the legalization of marijuana in 24 states and the District of Columbia, “edibles” containing the substance are broadly spreading. Children are being affected by this. In 2015, poison control facilities across the nation documented 4,000 kids and teens exposed to marijuana.
Dr. Robert Glatter, an emergency room physician at New York City’s Lenox Hill Hospital, told Today that edible marijuana